Real estate is estimated to count two thirds of the wealth of Italian families, but it is currently not managed with the same level of expertise applied to financial investments.

Real estate still constitutes a high percentage of wealth, and it is to some extent dormant. Many investors are growing aware of this and request an increasingly sophisticated advisory in this area.

Alessandro Foti,
CEO, Fineco Bank

In Italy, real estate investments account for 63% of aggregated private wealth, with the remaining 37% consisting of financial investments.

And yet, while there is a multitude of private bank advisors or specialised businesses consulting on financial investments, real estate investments are left exclusively to transaction intermediaries, quite often without specific expertise.

As a result, choices are typically made on the basis of superficial parameters, such as price per square metre, without considering the impact of fast-changing factors that can only be understood with the help of real estate asset management advisors.

We are convinced that Italy, too, will soon witness a fast development of expert teams combining diverse sets of skills to advise on real estate investments, in the light of their clients’ goals.